Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Singapore


I love the place names in Singapore, from Clarke Quay, Orchid Road, and Dover, to Bencoolan Link to Tanjong Pagar to Sim Lim Square to Choa Chu Kang. The mixture of British, Malay, Indian, and Chinese just makes everything so much more interesting!

Henna from the markets in Little India

Hanging incense - I love the vibrant colours of this city

On the east side of Singapore, where many rich Chinese families settled in the 19th and 20th centuries, mostly from South China. This is me acting like the paparazzi, peaking through the bushes and praying the owners don't "release the hounds" :D

Outside one of the Arab bazaars

Gorgeous rugs in the bazaar! Tempting, but I had to decline as I forgot to bring my servant along to carry it back for me.

Ah, the Doctor's Office! I love this sign, although if you ask me, it's a tad redundant. . .

And now for some culinary treasures:









Black Pepper Crab on the East Coast!








Lovin' my Laksa - noodles in cocunut-curry soup with seafood mixed in. A Malay-Singaporean delight. All the local stall owners compete with one another to receive the honour of #1 Laksa every year, a competition that has bred the term "Laksa Wars", as well as one of the tastiest dishes I have eaten :D



Dim Sum in Chinatown - a quick afternoon snack before siesta!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Megs

Glad to see you returned from Singapore safely. The town looks so pretty...the colours are unreal! It makes rainy, shitty Kingston look like it's all just shades of grey!

Miss you,
Josh

12:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home